When hosting a Thanksgiving feast, there are a million things to think about, from seating to delegating to menu planning. Something is bound to fall through the cracks, and in those cases you might find yourself running through grocery aisles for the last pack of rolls.
Instead of becoming even more frustrated when you pull into an empty parking lot to find the store closed on the holiday, keep these chains in mind for your last-minute shopping needs.
These stores will have their doors open on Thursday, November 23:
- Albertsons: A majority of Albertsons Companies stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, ACME, Vons, and Tom Thumb, will be open on Thanksgiving Day, but with adjusted hours. The company recommends customers call their local store to confirm the hours.
- Amazon Fresh: Amazon’s grocery store chain will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, and the stores will continue to offer two-hour delivery windows for all orders (subject to availability).
- H-E-B: This grocery chain will be open from 6 a.m. to noon on Thanksgiving Day. Curbside pickup will also be available from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., but home delivery will not be available.
- Kroger: While a rep for Kroger notes that “many Kroger locations” will be open on Thanksgiving, hours will vary by location, so anyone hoping to shop at their local Kroger on the holiday should call the store for the most up-to-date information.
- Sprouts Farmers Market: Locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thanksgiving Day.
- Whole Foods: The grocery chain will be open on Thanksgiving Day, but with modified hours. Call your location to get an accurate schedule.
Unfortunately, for the forgetful Thanksgiving planner, these stores won’t be available to fill in the gaps on the table Thanksgiving Day:
- ALDI: All ALDI locations will be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
- Hy-Vee: The majority of Hy-Vee locations will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. However, the company recommends double checking with your local store.
- Publix: All Publix stores and Pharmacies will be closed November 23 for Thanksgiving.
- Target: All Target stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, reopening at 8 a.m. November 24 for Black Friday shopping.
- Trader Joe’s: Stores will be closed November 23 so crew members “can spend Thanksgiving with family and friends.”
- Walmart: Back in October, Walmart tweeted a video in which its CEO, John Furner, announced the company’s stores will be closed on Thanksgiving.
Remember, some local stores may have special hours of operation on Thanksgiving to give their employees a chance to celebrate as well. So, try to call ahead before you run out the door and wind up standing in front of a set of locked doors.